Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blog Self Interview


I have 2 blog posts that are still a work in progress so I will assess myself based on the only two that are actually posted.

My first main goal is to make my posts shorter. I will talk about how and why I will do this in my next post (my reflection on the readings post). I realized that my Money CAN buy happiness article was too long while I was writing it but I couldn’t stop myself or make it shorter.

The purpose of this blog is to fulfill an assignment (obviously); however my personal purpose while completing this assignment is to find interesting little tid-bits of information that most people will never research but will hopefully remember in the future. For our first assignment, we had to find an interesting blog and recommend it to CommForge. The one I liked, Dean’s Corner, was written by a PhD educator and academic scholar that used to work in the pharmaceutical industry. He writes several short and interesting articles everyday to just give people a little bit of news on science topics. My goal was to format my blog a little like his but with a slightly smaller focus of the topic.





I hope that my audience will be the general public that is looking for a lighthearted but educational blog to follow. Although I have only posted one article that is on topic so far, I hope to begin to post other short articles as I find them. Since my topic is pretty broad, I think I will be easy to find several short and interesting topics to write about.

When it comes to participation, I don’t think I will be posting too many controversial topics, and it seems that those are the first ones that people comment on when they have strong opinions on about the subject. To encourage comments, I hope to do it by having a variety of relatable topics and ask questions at the end.

I hope to bring out my more creative side with this blog, it will be a bit of a struggle but with practice I hope to become more interesting and brief in my posts.

I have tried to characterize science and engineering in my blog. With only one post up so far, it is hard to evaluate. I do explicitly say in the description/subtitle that ‘we have happiness down to a science’ giving a double dose of the word in the title and description. As for characterizing myself, I feel I have not done much of that yet because (again) it should come little by little and I haven’t had much content to do so.

With that, I’m signing off for now so that I can work on those other posts I promised you.

No comments:

Post a Comment